Welcome to the dawn of a new era in Nordic collegiate esports, where the ecosystem is about to welcome a new face to the scene.
Nexus Collegiate invites all upcoming esports talents from the academic realm of the Nordic countries to test their skills and compete for the title of Nordic University Champions. This survival guide will walk you through everything you need to know.
WHAT IS NEXUS COLLEGIATE
Nexus Collegiate isn’t just another tournament—it’s an evolution of the collegiate esports ecosystem in the Nordic region. We’re striving to provide a platform for university students from Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland to showcase their prowess, foster community connections, and potentially take the first steps towards the professional esports industry.
Students will play key parts in running the entire event series improving their skills in broadcast production, competitive ops, and on-camera casting. This at the same time as their peers get the opportunity to show off their in-game mastery.
WHO CAN REGISTER?
If you’re a student in any of the aforementioned countries and have a passion for League of Legends, this is your call to action.
Here are the specifics:
- Eligibility: Student teams from Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland.
- Team Composition: Each team must consist of a minimum of 5 players and of the playing roster, 3 must always be attending the university that you are representing. The maximum roster count is 5 active lineup players, 2 substitutes, and 1 coach who can act as substitute.
HOW TO REGISTER AND PARTICIPATE?
Registration is a breeze!
- Registration Window: Open from now until October 2, 11.59 pm.
- Platform: All tournament matches will be hosted through Challengermode and support will be provided through the official Discord server.
- Verification: Teams must verify their student status via the Nexus Collegiate Discord server in order to get approved for participation and receive important tournament information.
- Form: The registration form to submit all necessary information can be found here.
TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE: FROM GROUP STAGE TO PLAYOFFS
We’re expecting the competition to be fierce and our format is designed to balance opportunities for teams to shine with our timeline to reach the playoffs stage.
- Group Stages: These will be played in the Swiss format. The first group stage match kickstarts on October 7 at 2 pm CEST.
- Official broadcasts: Studio broadcasts for the group stages will be on October 7, 14, 21, and 28. All starting at 2 pm CEST.
- Playoffs: The heat intensifies as the top 4 teams from the group stages proceed to the playoffs. These will be played as a 4-team single elimination bracket. To top it all off, the playoffs will be an offline event held in late November in the beautiful city of Jönköping, Sweden. We’re excited to share more about how you can be a part of this event a bit later!
OUR PROUD PARTNERS
The very existence of Nexus Collegiate wouldn’t be possible without the invaluable support of our partners:
- Jönköping Municipality & County: Our hosts and significant supporters, providing the infrastructure for our offline event.
- City of Dreamhack: A name truly synonymous with gaming, helping us showcase Jönköping to the wider esports community.
- Esport United & Svenska Onlineligan: Their expert insights and structural support have been pivotal in shaping this tournament.
- NYSA Jönköping: Fostering a bridge between academics and esports, they’ve played a crucial role in this collegiate journey.
Welcome to Season 1.
Welcome to a new era of collegiate esports in the Nordics.
Welcome to Nexus Collegiate.